STAR is a joint effort of AI and digital manufacturing experts towards enabling the deployment of standard-based secure, safe and reliable human-centric AI systems in real-life manufacturing environments. Specifically, STAR will research, develop, validate and make available to the AI and Industry4.0 communities novel solutions that will enable AI systems to take timely and safe decisions in unstructured and unpredictable environments, while at the same time being able to confront sophisticated adversaries and to remain robust against security attacks. In this way, STAR’s solutions will lower existing barriers against deploying sophisticated AI systems in real-life production lines. The project’s results will be fully integrated into existing EU-wide Industry4.0 and AI initiatives (notably EFFRA and AI4EU), as a means of enabling researchers and the European industry to deploy and fully leverage their advanced AI solutions in manufacturing environments.
STAR will act as a catalyst for ethical AI deployments in production lines, given that the project’s results are fully aligned to the recently published ethical guidelines of the EU’s expert group on AI. Specifically, STAR will produce technical solutions that boost the robustness and trustworthiness of AI in real-life settings (including unstructured and unpredictable environments), while at the same exploring the legal implications of a safe and secure AI in prominent manufacturing scenarios with an ethical dimension such as human-robot collaboration.
- INTRASOFT Intl. N.V. /S.A. & Third-Party: Intrasoft International SA, Luxemburg [INTRA]
- Thales SIX GTS France SAS - Thales SIX AI Lab
- Philips Consumer Lifestyle B.V.
- SIEMENS S.R.L. [SIE]
- IBER-OLEFF - Componentes Tecnicos em Plastico, S.A
- GFT Italia S.r.l. [GFT]
- Institut "Jožef Stefan" [JSI] & Third-Party: QLECTOR [QLE]
- Scuola Universitaria Professionale della Svizzera Italiana [SUPSI]
- Cranfield university [CU]
- University of Piraeus Research Center [UPRC]
- UBITECH Limited [UBI]
- R2M Solution S.r.l [R2M]
- Unparallel Innovation, Lda [UNP]
- DWF Germany Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH [DWF]