Artificial intelligence in the interconnected control center of the future
The SPELL project represents the idea of a semantic platform for intelligent decision-making and deployment support in control and situation centers. This project aims to enable emergency response, emergency aid, and supply measures for the population to be initiated more quickly and in line with crisis situations (such as major incidents, pandemics, natural disasters or widespread power failures). This is to be achieved with the help of artificial intelligence.
In crisis situations, it is essential that we allocate our resources correctly and make the best decisions based on the available information. A prerequisite for this is a data-based overview of all relevant information as an overall picture of the situation and the networking of all those involved. The current pandemic is an excellent example of this. With the help of the common SPELL platform, all institutions required for an emergency situation are provided with uniform access to the available information. With the help of artificial intelligence, this information can be processed and enriched with essential findings to support rapid and reliable decision-making.
- Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Künstliche Intelligenz (DFKI) als Konsortialführer
- Advancis Software & Services GmbH
- apheris AI GmbH
- BASF SE
- Corevas GmbH & Co. KG
- DRK-Landesverband Rheinland-Pfalz e.V.
- Empolis Information Management GmbH
- Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft e.V. mit ihren Instituten IESE und Fokus
- ISE GmbH
- LiveReader GmbH
- Technische Universität Darmstadt
- VfS Verband für Sicherheitstechnik